Saturday, October 25, 2008

Preparing For a Possible Pandemic

World health officials are saying that the likelihood of a world-wide pandemic is very great.

The are fearful that once the bird flu can be spread from human to human that the advances of it will be too great for governments, hospitals and agencies to keep up with. As a result the possibility that we, as families, could be quarantined to our homes to stop the spread is a real possibility.

Because of this I have decided to create this site as a help for others to know what to do, and to get ideas from other people who are more expert in this field than I am.

I am trying to prepare my home and family for such a possiblity without creating fear, but at the same time trying to help them to know what they need to have in their homes in the event this happens.

I would love to have help and ideas from lots of people who are concerned about this as well, and I plan to research it and try to add ideas regularly.

Please feel free to comment and I will post beneficial comments so all can gain from reading this.

"If ye are prepared, ye need not fear" is what I am hopefully going to be able to instill in people through this project.

No comments: